SSC Stenographer recruitment 2023: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the notification for the recruitment of Stenographers Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ in various departments and ministries under the Government of India. A total of 1207 vacancies are available. The online application process will begin on August 2, 2023 and will close on August 23, 2023.
In this blog post. we will give all necessary information about SC Stenographer recruitment 2023. Also include total vacancies, eligibility criteria, selection process, age limit, fees, last date and apply link.
What is Stenographer?
A stenographer is a professional who transcribes spoken word into written form. They use a specialized form of shorthand called stenography to create a written record of what is being said. Stenographers are often employed in legal settings, where they transcribe court proceedings. They may also work in other fields, such as government, business, and education.
Stenographers use a variety of tools to transcribe speech, including stenotype machines, voice recognition software, and even pen and paper. Stenotype machines are specialized keyboards that allow stenographers to type at very high speeds. Voice recognition software can also be used to transcribe speech, but it is not as accurate as stenography.
Stenographers must have a high degree of accuracy and speed. They must be able to listen carefully and type what they hear quickly and accurately. Stenographers must also be able to understand the context of what is being said in order to transcribe it accurately.
Stenographers are in high demand in many industries. They are well-paid and have the opportunity to work in a variety of settings. If you are interested in a career as a stenographer, there are a number of schools and programs that offer training in stenography.
SSC Stenographer recruitment 2023 Overview
The SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2023 is a great opportunity for candidates seeking government jobs. The vacancies are spread across various governmental departments and ministries, which means that successful candidates could find themselves working in a variety of diverse settings. The competition for these vacancies is likely to be fierce, so applicants are advised to start their preparations early.
|Organization Name||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Recruitment Exam Name||SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2023|
|Post Notified||Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and Stenographer Grade ‘D’|
|Recruitment Category||SSC Jobs|
|Number of Vacancies||1207|
|Application Start Date||August 2, 2023|
|Application End Date||August 23, 2023|
|Written Examination||October 12 and 13, 2023|
|Skill Test||Tentative Date: November 2023|
SSC Stenographer recruitment 2023 Total Vacancies
The total number of vacancies for the SSC Stenographer recruitment 2023 is 1207. The vacancies are divided into two categories:
- Stenographer Grade ‘C’: There are 93 vacancies for this category.
- Stenographer Grade ‘D’: There are 1114 vacancies for this category.
SSC Stenographer recruitment 2023 Pay Scale
The pay scale for the SSC Stenographer 2023 is as follows:
- Grade C: 9300-34800
- Grade D: 5200-20200
The pay scale is a combination of the basic pay and the allowances. The allowances include:
- House Rent Allowance (HRA): This allowance is paid to help the employee meet the cost of rent. The amount of HRA depends on the employee’s salary and the city in which they are posted.
- Dearness Allowance (DA): This allowance is paid to compensate the employee for the rising cost of living. The amount of DA is linked to the Consumer Price Index (CPI).
- Transport Allowance: This allowance is paid to help the employee meet the cost of transportation. The amount of transport allowance depends on the distance between the employee’s home and their place of work.
The salary structure for SSC Stenographers is as follows:
- Pay Scale: 9300-34800
- Pay Band: 4200 or 4600 (Pay Grade 2)
- Initial Salary: 5200
- SSC Stenographer Basic Pay: 14500
- Pay Scale: 5200-20200
- Pay Band: 2400 (Pay Grade 1)
- Initial Salary: 5200
- SSC Stenographer Basic Pay: 7600
The pay scale and allowances for SSC Stenographers are very competitive and make it a desirable career option for many people.
SSC Stenographer recruitment 2023 Eligibility Criteria
the eligibility criteria for the SSC Stenographer recruitment 2023 are
- Candidates must have passed the 12th class examination from a recognized board.
- The age limit for the SSC Stenographer 2023 is as follows:
- Grade C: 18 to 30 years
- Grade D: 18 to 27 years
- There are some relaxations in the age limit for certain categories of candidates, as follows:
- Scheduled castes (SC) and scheduled tribes (ST): 5 years
- Other backward classes (OBC): 3 years
- Persons with disabilities (PwD): 10 years for unreserved candidates and 13 years for OBC and SC/ST candidates
- Ex-servicemen: 3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age
- Central government civilian employees: 40 years for those who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as of the closing date for receipt of online applications
- Widows/divorced women/women judicially separated and who are not remarried: 35 years
The application fee for the SSC Stenographer 2023 is as follows:
- General/OBC: Rs. 100
- SC/ST/PH/Female: No fee
The application fee is required to be submitted online through the SSC website. The fee can be paid using a debit card, credit card, or net banking.
SSC Stenographer recruitment 2023 Selection Process
The SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2023 selection process is a two-stage process, consisting of a written test and a skill test.
The written test is a computer-based test (CBT) that consists of three sections:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Awareness
- English Language
The skill test is a dictation test in which candidates are required to transcribe a passage of 800 words for Grade D and 1000 words for Grade C.
The qualifying marks for the written test are different for Grade D and Grade C. For Grade D, the qualifying marks are 35% for General, 30% for OBC, 25% for SC/ST, and 20% for Ex-servicemen. For Grade C, the qualifying marks are 45% for General, 40% for OBC, 35% for SC/ST, and 30% for Ex-servicemen.
The shorthand skill test is qualifying in nature, which means that candidates who pass the written test will be eligible to take the shorthand skill test, regardless of their marks in the written test.
The merit list for the SSC Stenographer 2023 will be prepared based on the marks secured by the candidates in the written test.
Selection process for the SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2023 in the tabular figure:
|Written Test||A computer-based test (CBT) that consists of three sections: General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, and English Language.|
|Skill Test||A dictation test in which candidates are required to transcribe a passage of 800 words for Grade D and 1000 words for Grade C.|
|Merit List||The merit list will be prepared based on the marks secured by the candidates in the written test.|
SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2023 Syllabus
The SSC Stenographer 2023 syllabus is divided into two papers:
- Paper 1: General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, and English Language
- Paper 2: Skill Test (Dictation)
The topics covered in each paper are as follows:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: This section tests the candidate’s ability to think logically and solve problems. The questions in this section are of a variety of types, including verbal reasoning, numerical reasoning, and spatial reasoning.
- General Awareness: This section tests the candidate’s knowledge of current affairs, history, geography, and other general topics. The questions in this section are based on information that is commonly known or that can be easily learned from newspapers, magazines, and other sources.
- English Language: This section tests the candidate’s ability to understand and use the English language. The questions in this section cover a variety of topics, including grammar, vocabulary, comprehension, and composition.
- Skill Test (Dictation): This section tests the candidate’s ability to transcribe a passage of dictated text. The passage will be dictated at a speed of 80 words per minute for Grade D and 100 words per minute for Grade C.
The SSC Stenographer 2023 syllabus is designed to assess the candidate’s overall suitability for the post of Stenographer. The questions in the syllabus are of a high standard and require the candidate to have a good understanding of the English language and general knowledge.
SSC Stenographer recruitment 2023 Important Dates
|August 2, 2023||Notification released|
|August 2, 2023||Online application starts|
|August 23, 2023||Online application closes|
|August 23, 2023||Last date for making fee payment (Online)|
|August 23, 2023||Last date for making fee payment (Offline)|
|August 24 and 25, 2023||Window for Application Form Correction and online payment of Correction Charges|
|October, 2023||Admit Card release date|
|October 12 and 13, 2023||Exam date for Grade C and D officers|
SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2023 Exam Centers
The SSC Stenographer 2023 exam will be conducted in various centers all across the country. The candidates will be able to choose their preferred exam center while filling out the application form.
The exam centers are allotted as per the availability of seats and the choice filled up by the candidate. The candidates are advised to choose their preferred exam center carefully as they will not be able to change their exam center after the application form is submitted.
The following are the list of exam centers for the SSC Stenographer 2023 exam:
- Central Region (CR): Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Varanasi, Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur, Patna
- Eastern Region (ER): Gangtok, Ranchi, Barasat, Berhampore (WB), Chinsurah, Jalpaiguri, Kolkata, Malda, Midnapur, Siliguri, Berhampore (Odisha), Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack, Keonjhargarh, Sambalpur, Port Blair
- Karnataka, Kerala Region (KKR): Bangalore, Dharwar, Gulbarga, Mangalore, Mysore, Kochi, Kozhikode (Calicut), Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur
- Madhya Pradesh Sub-Region (MPR): Almora, Dehradun, Haldwani, Srinagar (Uttarakhand), Haridwar, Delhi, Ajmer, Alwar, Bharatpur, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sriganganagar, Udaipur
- Northern Region (NR): Anantnag, Baramula, Jammu, Leh, Rajouri, Srinagar (J&K), Kargil, Dodda, Hamirpur, Shimla, Bathinda, Jalandhar, Patiala, Amritsar, Chandigarh
- North Western Sub-Region (NWR): Chandigarh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab
- Southern Region (SR): Guntur, Kurnool, Rajahmundry, Tirupati, Vishakhapatnam, Vijayawada, Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Puducherry, Hyderabad, Nizamabad, Warangal
- Western Region (WR): Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Rajkot, Surat, Bhavnagar, Kutch, Amravati, Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Pune, Thane, Bhandara, Chandrapur, Akola, Jalgaon, Ahmednagar, Alibaug, Panaji
- North Eastern Region (NER): Itanagar, Dibrugarh, Guwahati (Dispur), Jorhat, Silchar, Kohima, Shillong, Imphal, Churachandpur, Ukhrul, Agartala, Aizwal
The candidates can check the official website of the SSC for the latest list of exam centers.
Important Links for SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2023
|Official Notification PDF||👉 View|
|Official Website||👉 Click Here|
|Apply link||👉 Click here|
|Latest Jobs||👉 View Here|
Q. Is there any negative marking on the SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2023?
Yes, there is negative marking in the SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2023. There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in the Tier 1 exam. This means that for every 4 wrong answers, you will lose 1 mark.
Q. What is the last date for apply SSC Stenographer recruitment 2023?
The last date to apply for SSC Stenographer recruitment 2023 is 23rd August 2023.
Q. When will the SSC Stenographer 2023 exam be held?
The SSC Stenographer 2023 exam is scheduled to be held in October-November 2023. The exact dates have not been announced yet.
Q. What are the career prospects for SSC Stenographers?
SSC Stenographers are in high demand in the government sector. They can find jobs in various ministries, departments, and organizations. The salary and benefits for SSC Stenographers are also very good.
Q. What is the age limit for SSC Stenographer 2023?
The age limit for SSC Stenographer 2023 is as follows:
Grade C: 18 years to 30 years (as on 01-08-2023)
Grade D: 18 years to 27 years (as on 01-08-2023)